If anything other than conceptual cultivation of the cereal in question is stored in the cereal warehouse, there must be a secure separation so that mixing is avoided. Silo (s) with concept breeding should in that case be marked with a sign, so that there is no risk of errors in delivery.
- Make an agreement with a company about insect control
- Keep gates closed to keep birds, cats and other pets out
- Check the stock for insects regularly throughout the storage period. Inspection for grain beetles can be done by filling a grain sample in a clear plastic bag and placing it on a hot radiator. Possibly after a short time insects gather in the top of the bag
- Insects thrive best in hot conditions, so it is important to cool and dry the grain quickly.
- Attached to the folder is a sign that can be set up on the silo
- Several signs can be printed at www.dlg.dk/afgroeder